Filofax

Saturday, 27 April 2013

A Filofax For A £1


A Pink Finsbury In Need Of Some TLC

For Some time now I've been trying to find something to store the paper that I make for my Filofax in.  Then on Wednesday I went into one of the charity shops in town and discovered a Personal Pink Finsbury Filofax for £1 and I just couldn't resist it. 


Before 

The first thing I did when I got it home was give it a general clean as it was looking a little dirty.  Then I set about nourishing it with some neutral polish.  The polish was nothing special but did a good job of reviving the leather.  On Thursday I went to the shoe repairers and bought some pink renovating polish to revive the Finsbury even further.  The Filofax had been given a fair bit of use but as I'm only using it for storage that doesn't matter too much.

After 

Hopefully now that I've given it some TLC my Finsbury will have a long life ahead of it.

Until next time
Hetty

5 comments:

  1. Did you try the "famous" Nivea-Treatment (http://vanjilla.blogspot.de/2011/11/filofaxs-facial.html)? I did it on my filofax and was amazed at how much it soakes up and how smooth the leather was, afterwards. Your Filo is beautiful, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Nivea treatment exactly. Before I bought some pink polish I did use some pink Nivea lip salve to improve the leather. I shall remember the Nivea treatment for future reference. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. What a deal!! congrats and it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even now I find it hard to believe that I got a Filofax for such little cost. Thank you.

      Delete