Filofax

Monday, 15 April 2013

Handmade Filofax Notepaper

My Personal Filofax Stationery Refills


Ever since I restarted using my Filofax I've made my own personal notepaper.  I found the paper inserts that came with my Filofax a little to flimsy for the wear and tear I give them on a daily basis. Also I wanted some stationery that bring more colour into my everyday life.  The majority of the paper that I use has come as free gits in craft magazines and is perfect for filling up my Filofax with colourful stationary. 


When I make up the stationery I use a Fiskars paper cutter which gives the sheets of paper a clean finished edge.  As a template I use one of my old dividers minus the index tab.  I attach the paper and divider together with mini bulldog clips and cut the pages to size.  I don't have a six hole punch only a single one.  It takes slightly longer to make the holes but does the job just as well.


Even though the pages are more durable they sometimes need reinforcing around the punched holes and for this I add paper tape and then re-punch the holes.  Most of the tapes that I use are either Washi or Trendy.  I buy my tape from The Glitter Pot because they tend to be inexpensive, the postage and packing is only £1 if my order is under a tenner and delivery is really quick.


I hope you found my post interesting and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Until next time
Hetty




10 comments:

  1. Classy container for your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I used to be the manager of a charity/thrift shop and it was an item nobody wanted to buy. I would imagine it was a free gift from a cosmetics company when you made a minimum purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would of bought it, seriously love that!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Alice. Charity shops are unusual places you never know what people will buy and what they wont.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! they look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marianna. The paper sat around for a long time after my futile attempts at scrapbooking. Using the paper in my Filofax means I get to look at it everyday. If I get bored with some of the pages I just replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this with us. loving all that paper, and tape, and whatever else is in that nice box of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I have to see I really enjoy reading you blog

      Delete
  7. I love your little box for storing things in. Just lovely. I must see if I can get into town and see what I can find to make some more colourful dividers now when my categories are (mostly) set. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Sorry for not getting back sooner but I've not been well. I do love the box, came close to throwing it a few times but something stopped me. :)

      Delete