Filofax

Thursday, 18 April 2013

Paperchase and Filofax


Something Was Missing

I went to Lewes today to have a look around the brand new Paperchase store.  I have to say that the shop is lovely and probably slightly larger than the one I normally go to in Tunbridge Wells plus there appeared to be much more choice.  

That said what did surprise me was to be told by a member of staff that they were not going to be selling any Filofaxes in their store.  Not only would they not be selling Filofaxes but they would also not be selling any accessories or inserts either.  The only organisers they are going to being selling are their own brand and also their own accessories and inserts.  The Paperchase accessories and inserts can be used with Filofax organisers but if you don't like the design then you'll need to look for an alternative stockist. Unfortunately when having our conversation I didn't think to ask if this was a policy that was to be rolled out in other stores so we will just have to wait and see.


Until next time
Hetty

5 comments:

  1. I think I read in the FB group that someone had been told that Paperchase were stopping selling Filofax products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Bristol the Paperchase in House of Fraser has stopped doing filofax and accessories, however the local smaller paperchase stores I have been in (rather than concessions) continue to do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment. I try to do as much of my shopping in one place but that's not always possible. It can be extremely frustrating when a stores like Paperchase have stocked something you want in the past but no longer does so.

      Delete
  3. The store in Bath, when I last went in on the 13th April, still had the Filofax branded things... but as they had Mini notepaper from the early 90s it looked like they were in the process of getting rid of it xD

    ReplyDelete