Filofax

Sunday, 26 May 2013

Liebster Blog Award




Thank you very much to the following bloggers who have nominated me for Liebster Blog Award:

Laura at Jagged Little Thoughts
Gemma N at The Simple Life
And Lori V at Purple Is My Happy


First a little something about the Liebster Blog Award 
"The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."

Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the 
    people you've tagged to answer.          
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

Firstly eleven random facts about me:

1.            I was born in Cardiff, South Wales
2.            I love handbags.  The ones I buy are often quite large.
3.            In my teens I won a competition in the Sun Newspaper to go to Hollywood.
4.            I've lost between 5 and 6 stone (70 lb – 84 lb) in 4 years
5.            Cillian Murphy is my Favourite actor
6.            My favourite colour is blue
7.            I love to read
8.            I never go anywhere without a pen and paper/Filofax
9.            I haven't left the UK for a long time
10.          I would like to take a train journey across Canada
11.          David Tennant is my favourite Doctor



Secondly my answers to Jagged Little Thoughts questions:

1.           If you could have a room filled with any object, what would it be.
              Flowers – especially roses. The hard part is the fact I have so little smell but I
              can conjure up the smell in my head.  I miss the smell of walking into a florist  
              and being overwhelmed by the smell.

2.          Choose three words that mean 'happiness' to you.
             Family – Sunshine – Music

3.          If you were a Disney character, who would you be, and why?
             When I was little I always wanted to be Wendy from Peter Pan.  She gets to fly 
             and even as an adult that would be quite awesome

4.          If you could only see one colour for the rest of your life, what would it be?
             Vermillion, I've clearly read Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde too often.


5.          Tell us about a strange or ironic incident in your life.
             The only thing that has a hint of being ironic happened years ago when I won a
             competition visit a recycling plant

6.          If you could invent anything, what would it be?
             Something that helps people lose weight easily and naturally. It would also have
             to keep the weight off.

7.          If you're stranded on a desert island and could only have 3 objects with you, what 
             would they be? 
             (Must be 1.a type of food, 2.a gadget, 3. a sentimental object.)
             1 Bread for toast, I love it.
             2 My kindle, great for reading.
             3 Photographs of my family

8.          Do you have any irrational or odd fears?
             Not really but when I was little I was afraid to flush the toilet because I believed a
             giant crab lived in the toilet and was going to bite me.  I have no idea how I came
             upon that thought.

9.          Why are you, you?
             A lifetime of experience. ‘I am what I am I need no excuses’

10        Name something you would do if you knew no-one would judge you.
            I’d love to sing and dance in the supermarket, a bit like a mini flashmob. Either of 
            these Owl City songs would be great ‘Good Time' or‘When Can I See You Again’
            would also be great. People might judge me I suppose by thinking 'who is that 
            crazy woman'.

11        Jaffa cakes: biscuits, or cakes?
            None of the above sadly.  I have a health problem and because of the sugar
            I shouldn't eat any of them. 

Thirdly my answers to The Simple Life questions:

1.             What is your favourite season and why?
                I love the autumn when everything is changing but there’s still a hint of summer.
 2.            What book are you currently reading?
                I’m re-reading The Host by Stephanie Meyers
 3.            What is your favourite pen to use?
                I like to use fountain pens and fineliners
 4.            Who is your idol?
                Musically I like Owl City/Adam Young
 5.            What food/ drink can you just not abide?
                I hate peanut butter
 6.            If you could describe your life so far with a song, what song would it be?
                I’m not sure it describes my life but ‘Beautiful Life’ by Ace of Base is quite 
                good.             
 7.            Cat or Dog?
                Cat, but I do like dogs 
8.             Do you use a pencil case?
                Yes I do a black one with flowers from WH Smith.
 9.            What is always in your bag?
                Boring stuff like purse, keys, mobile and of course my Filofax 
10            If you could visit anywhere on holiday, where would you go?
                Colorado after I've taken that train journey across Canada.
 11.          What Filofax is on your current wishlist?
                None but I wouldn't mind a Kate Spade Planner in green

Although Purple is my Happy also nominated me she did not set me any questions.


My Nominees

1.            Paper Lovestory
2.            Scraps of us
3.            LJs Blog of Stuff
4.            The Wonderful Life of Alice
6.            Crazy Suburban Mom
7.            DIY Fish
8.            Life of Kitty
9.            Live Love Organize
10.          Notes on Paper
11.          Elise Blaha Cripe

Here are the questions for my nominees:

1.           When you were young what did you want to be when you grew up?
2.           If your life was made into a movie who would you like to play the part of you?
3.           If you could travel back in time where would you go?
4.           What's the first thing you'd do if you won the lottery?
5.           Name one thing that really irritates you?
6.           If you were an animal what would you be?
7.           Where's the best place you've travelled to?
8.           Do you have any tattoos?  If yes what are they?
9.           What's your favourite high street shop/store?
10.         Rulebreaker or rulemaker?
11.         Who has inspired you in your life?  

Many of these blogs have already been nominated before so I won’t be disappointed if they don’t answer my questions nor do another award post. Also some of the blogs don’t fall exactly within the criteria and neither are they all Filofax blogs. A blog that has inspired me for a long time is Elise Blaha Cripe and that is why I have sneaked her in at the end of my nominations.


Thank you all for your inspiration and '.... thank you for allowing me inside your lovely day.' The word should be this but here I think  'your lovely day' is more apt.

Until next time
Hetty

3 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw your post, I was like oh no, I forgot the questions! I have added them to my post if you want to answer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about forgetting the questions. As I said on Facebook I will try and answer them but no guarantees.

      Delete
  2. Great questions and answers. Thank you so much for nominating me, will try and do this. x

    ReplyDelete