Filofax

Monday, 25 November 2013

Felix The Cat

My Beloved Cat Had To Be Put To Sleep


Today I had to make the extremely difficult decision to have my cat put to sleep.  Felix became very sick in the last week and continued to deteriorate rapidly despite a visit to the vets.  I hoped that he'd be able to remain at home for his final days but sadly that wasn't to be.

I was very lucky to have him, he was a rescue cat who came to live with us eight years ago. The life he had would be the envy of many felines.  We live next to some woodland which he adored and he would disappear all day in the summertime. 




When I got him from the cat rescue he had a different name, that name was Meow Meow. Felix lived up to that name every single day he was with us; it will be so quiet without him.


Until next time
Hetty 


10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am also a cat lover and have experienced that pain, you have my heartfelt sympathy. Many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment.

      Delete
  2. Non-Cat people never understand the companionship a cat can give over their life time. I still miss our cat George who sadly had to be put to sleep a year ago. To have let him continue to suffer was just unfair and cruel. So I'm sure you did all you could for Felix.
    George was diabetic which added further complications to his sudden decline in health. I would love another cat one day, but we might leave it a few years until we aren't travelling so much, we always looked forward to getting home so much when we had George so he could be with us again, he didn't travel so well.
    They love their routine and George and I'm sure Felix was the same.
    Take care and try not to be too sad, although I know how difficult that is.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry - I had to put my dog down when I was younger as his health declined very rapidly. But at least we both know that we have done the right thing for our gorgeous companions, giving them the chance to recover, but not letting them suffer. If only people could show this kind of compassion to humans who are in the same situation.
    Remember him as he was - gorgeous and noisy.
    Big hugs
    LJx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LJ for your heartfelt comments. To describe him as noisy would be an understatement and I suppose that's what I shall miss the most.

      Delete
  4. Really sorry to hear you had to have your cat put to sleep. My cat was also put to sleep at the beginning of October and I miss her every day. I'm a vet student but it was still really hard, she had kidney failure and declined rapidly. I'd love another one put my boyfriend has said no :( x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Thanks for your sympathy.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat.
    My cat is now 13 years old & I absolutely agree with Steve's comment about them being such good companions. It does sound like he had a wonderful eight years with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita for your sympathy and kind words.

      Delete